At Hawthorne Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, we do our best to make any air conditioning repair experience a pleasant one. Still, we understand that you don’t want to see a technician several times a year to make repairs to your system. In order to help you decrease the number of repair calls you’ll make throughout the lifespan of your system, we’ve put together some of our most helpful tips.
- Seal duct leaks: The less work your air conditioner has to put in to keep you cool, the better. Reduce the workload of your air conditioner by calling a professional for duct sealing and repair services, especially if certain rooms of your home seem cooler or warmer than others.
- Insulate: You can also reduce strain on your air conditioner by installing insulation in the attic and adding insulation where it is missing elsewhere throughout the home. This reduces the flow of heat into the home, which keeps you cooler, meaning you may not need to rely on the AC so much.
- Only allow professionals to provide services: Whether it’s installation, repairs or just a routine maintenance visit, make sure you have a qualified, experienced professional handling everything properly.
- Change the filter each month: A clogged air filter prevents air from flowing into the system, which can result in a number of problems including a frozen coil and overworked fan motors.
- Schedule professional maintenance once a year: A technician cleans and adjusts many of the most important components of your air conditioner during an annual maintenance visit, which reduces the chances of mechanical trouble.
- Replace the system after 10 years: 10 years is our recommended lifespan for many air conditioning systems. After this point, maintenance becomes more difficult and frequent repairs are to be expected.
Looking for local, quality technicians in the Las Vegas area? Call Hawthorne today!